Welcome to Geo Site Surveys
We specialise in windowless soil sampling, cable percussion drilling (shell & auger), dynamic probing, concrete coring/sawing & utility clearance surveys.
GSS offer the following services:
- We can now offer a totally unique electrical powered drilling
unit which is capable of windowless sampling, SPT’s
etc, the same as a diesel/petrol powered rig - but, (being
electric) it does not produce any fumes.
- Geo Site Surveys have had a windowless sampling rig fitted
on the back of an 8 wheel driven all-terrain specialist
light weight vehicle.
- Windowless sampling (soil samples are recovered in plastic
liners) up to 10 metres depth can be achieved using a tracked
archway dart rig.
- Dynamic probing up to 15 metres deep to BS1377:1990
- SPT’S (soil penetration testing using open drive
shoe) & SPT(C) (solid cone) for sand/gravels.
- Hand Held sampling for low head room or confined areas
were the tracked rig will not fit. Using a hydraulic hammer
to drive the samples into the strata.
- Cable percussive drilling (Shell & Auger) 6 & 8 inch drilling
either open holed or cased drilling up to 40 metres.
- Rotary drilling using a small tracked rig (900mm wide)
suitable for restricted access sites. Capable of open hole/coring
up tp 40 metre deep using water/air or mist flush.
- Concrete coring off the rig for drilling on hard standing.
- Stand alone diamond coring unit (electric powered) for
hole up to 350mm diameters & to a depth of 1.5metres.
- Wall coring to determine the thickness and condition on
bridges, pylons etc.
- Wall chasing, floor sawing, open cut and break out in
concrete, brick, block etc.
- Hand dug trial pits to expose footings, utilities etc.
- Utility underground surveys prior to drilling/coring or
to determine were the services are located.
- GPR (ground probing radar) to determine plastic services
ie. water, gas pipes etc.
- Water/gas well installations for on going monitoring.
- SVS Surveys (soil vapour surveys) to determine gas presence
before drilling on Petroleum service stations etc.
GSS can offer either a single day’s soil sampling (on day rates) or a fixed/term rate for medium to larger size projects.
Please contact us for a quote and we will be pleased to discuss your requirements.